Hey, Google! Wire Alameda!
|See more interviews and favorites on the WireAlameda YouTube channel.|
Deployment will be quick and easy.
- Our municipal utility owns all the needed infrastructure, easements, and rights-of-way
- We're a temperate climate with a flat, easy-to-dig soil throughout the island
- We've laid fiber throughout our city before
- The City of Alameda has appointed as point person Deputy City Manager Jennifer Ott, who has considerable experience dealing with large, multi-discipline projects
- Alameda has committed to appoint a permit streamlining task force
- WireAlameda is committed to supporting a Google/Alameda collaboration in any way possible
We're an excellent sandbox.
- There are many large and small tech businesses in Alameda.
- Alameda's population is diverse both demographically and technically.
- Alameda also has a diverse mix of modern and Victorian construction, with both single-family and multi-unit dwellings, all of which provides a broad range of deployment scenarios in one place
- We're less than an hour from the Googleplex, making it very easy to interact directly with your testers.
* and yes, we know that fiber isn't wire, but "FiberAlameda" is a bit ambiguous and "PullAlameda", well, you can see where that goes wrong.